This site is under reconstruction.
In the 1860’s gold was discovered hidden beneath the stark beauty of New Zealand’s Central Otago landscape.
The next great rush was to capture Central Otago’s sunshine in the juice of apples, apricots, cherries and other stone fruits.
Then, towards the end of last century the secret was out. The stony soils, distinct seasons and low rainfall of Central Otago were ideal for producing gold of different kind. World renowned Wine !
Now, more and more New Zealand and overseas visitors are discovering the golden opportunities of Central Otago as guests of Cromwell, the heart of Central; - the place to stay in all seasons, for all reasons.
- Taste the award winning Pinot Noirs over a light lunch or amongst the vines at a variety of stunning vineyards
- Fish for Brown or Rainbow trout on Lake Dunstan
- Play on our international standard golf course .
- Experience the thrill of a jetboat up the mighty Kawarau Gorge while taking in the spectacular gold mining sites of a bygone era.
- During the winter months make the short journey to Queenstown and Southern Lakes ski fields or through to Lake Wanaka to ski three world class fields.
- The historic township of Arrowtown is a 45 minute drive and Alexandra (blossom festival capital) and the beautiful landscape of the Maniototo is also within reach for a spectacular day trip.
Come and enjoy our “World of Difference”